You know those meals you make when there’s absolutely nothing left in the fridge, but you’re hungry and need SOMETHING?
Whatever I Had In The Fridge Pasta:
- Handful of whole wheat pasta, and a handful of regular pasta (Yup, I only had so much of each, so I combined the two! You could also just use one or the other, if you’ve got enough of it.)
- 2 cups of spinach
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups of white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- Olive oil
- Salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese (or less, depending on how cheesy you like it)
- Generously salt a pot of water and bring it to a boil. Toss in the pasta and set a timer for 6 minutes.
- While the pasta cooks, put a skillet on medium heat and pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. After a few seconds, add in the mushrooms, tomatoes, a teaspoon of salt, and a few dashes of the red and black pepper. Cook for 4 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened and browned, and stir occasionally.
- Turn the heat to low, and add in the red wine and spinach.
- Drain the pasta, and add it directly into the skillet. Stir the pasta and veggies together until well mixed. Top with a half cup of parmesan and stir again.
- Serve with whatever red wine you have left, and the remaining half cup of cheese for extra topping.