Everyone loves a good pumpkin pie, don’t get it twisted. But chances are that I won’t be baking that pumpkin pie, because I’ll be opting for something a little simpler. A little less… time consuming. Plus, Grandma La Rosa has always been the baked goods lady in our family, so I’ll leave that honor up to her.
All that being said, there are some incredibly low maintenance and really adorable desserts to make this Thanksgiving, whether you’re spending it with your family, or hosting a Friendsgiving.
- Nutter Butter Turkey Cupcakes are probably the easiest way to top a cupcake without going crazy with icing designs or fondant. Not that I’d even know how to use fondant, but you get the idea.
- Mini Pumpkin pies that you make in a muffin tin. The recipe is insanely easy, and will save you going through the hassle of making a full-out crust from scratch.
- A Thanksgiving cookie pop, made with golden Oreos, a peanut butter cracker, and candy corn
- Caramel apple dip fit for a turkey
Via Make and Takes
- Peppermint Pilgrim Hats, made with three ingredients: peanut butter cups, peppermint patties, and white icing
- Plymouth Rock cookies, because YOLO. You prepare these like you would any sugar cookie, and use a toothpick to “engrave” the date, plus a little food coloring to get the gray-green glaze. Full recipe here.
- Acorn Cookies that you can pop in your mouth, and only 3 ingredients: Hershey kisses, mini Nutter Butters, and peanut butter
See the full recipe here
- Chai Pumpkin Spice Thumbprint Cookies. I don’t know about you, but thumbprint cookies are kind of EVERYTHING to me. They look really simple, and at the same time, like cookie-sized perfection. Plus, the Hershey’s pumpkin kiss makes it really easy to label this a Thanksgiving treat. (Are you noticing a big theme here with the candy additions?)
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!